Wednesday, December 20, 2006


Wow I just sold my first painting. Not my first painting ever but my first one in Montreal. This painting took me a while to complete because something just never seemed right and I was on the point of giving up until the scene emerged. I had worked so hard I never even saw it. It took an others eyes to point it out. I had been feeling like persistence is just another road to futility. This action has caused me to consider the creative process and all its components. A perspective that I am sure to revisit often in the near future.
This picture is entitled The Return. It holds my most compelling images: The sky as an ever changing canvas and the tree, a symbol of our humanity. To me this picture will always symbol the reaffermation of my ability to create.

No comments: